Facts at a Glance
1957: Founded as a preschool
1970: Lower School opens
2005: Middle School opens
2008: First 8th grade class graduates
Early Childhood (PreK-3, PreK-4,Kindergarten): 72
Lower School (1st-5th grades): 144
Middle School (6th-8th grades): 83
Full-Time Teachers: 28
Part-Time Teachers /Assistant Teachers: 3
Total Staff: 12
Hours of Operation
Preschool – 5th grade: 7:55 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.
6th – 8th grade: 7:45 a.m. – 3:25 p.m.
Blackwatch plaid - Blue & Green
St. Luke’s Episcopal School is approved by the Louisiana Department of Education and accredited by the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools. The school and faculty holds memberships and/or affiliations with the following organizations:
• National Association of Episcopal Schools
• Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
• The National Association for the Education of Young Children
• National Council for Teachers of Mathematics
• National Science Teachers Association
• Independent School Management
• Louisiana Association of Independent Schools
The Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES) is a member in good standing of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Commission on Accreditation. It has voluntarily agreed to abide by the Commission’s Criteria for Effective Independent School Accreditation Practices and to submit to a thorough review and evaluation of its accreditation standards, criteria, and procedures. SAES is recognized by state agencies and by eleven Episcopal dioceses within the six states served by SAES.